WMN is a Publication of
Lesbian Art and Poetry
Submit your work by February 28!
Issue Number 3, Taking Space, is an international open call for those who identify as disabled and/or are living with a physical, sensory, cognitive, or chronic illness, and as a lesbian to submit artwork and/or writing.
Black long-sleeved shirt with silk-screened print in two colors. Designed by Florencia Alvarado.
Production and shipping after March 1.
- 100% cotton
- Available in 18 cruising-ready colors
- 14×14 in
- Silk screen printed in Brooklyn
News and Features
- wmn zine Interview
x ALL THINGS LGBTThe Interview Show: Editors/Publishers of WMN Zine interviewed by Anne Charles for the Vermont cable show ALL THINGS LGBT.
- Passion / La Pasión
by Gisela Kozak RoveroTr. María José Giménez and Anna Rosenwong. We walk away from love like from a plane crash —Cristina Peri-Rossi Convinced and conquered, wet and eager, I watch you sleep after walking through the door of this […]
- Artist Talk: Pheonix Lindsey-HallPhoenix Lindsey-Hall is a Brooklyn-based mixed media artist. Lindsey-Hall holds a MFA in Photography from Parsons The New School of Design in 2012 and a BFA in Photography from Savannah College of Art in 2004. She […]
- Lola FlashArtist Talk full video coming soon! More about Lola Flash: Preview(opens in a new tab) Lola Flash uses photography to challenge stereotypes and offer new ways of seeing that transcend and interrogate gender, sexual, and racial […]
- Two Poems
by Karen PoppyWhen It’s a Woman On July 2, 2020, the FBI arrested Jeffrey Epstein’s best friend and confidante Ghislaine Maxwell on federal charges, including transporting a minor for the purposes of criminal sexual activity and conspiring to […]
- Everpress holiday
collection 2020WMN have been invited to participate in the Everpress’ first ever Holiday Collection 2020. Designed by WMN co-editor Florencia Alvarado inspired by The shell as a lesbian icon and 80s punk zine aesthetic. Everpress supports independent […]
- Black Lesbian ArchivesAn interview with Krü Maekdo Storytelling archivist and founder of the Black Lesbian Archives Krü Maekdo sat down with wmn editor Sara Duell to talk about the importance of home, ownership of your own stories, grassroots […]
- Collaboration in the time of COVIDText by Katherine Bernard Images by Lily Olsen Covid 1-9 Answers. Hot? We don’t need these extra blankets in March. Weak? You didn’t eat much last night. Tired? This virus that we definitely do not have […]
About WMM’s two first issues
WMN is a publication of art and poetry which showcases work by underrepresented lesbian groups.
The first issue “Seasons of a Dyke” features work by lesbians living in rural areas and cities with a population of 800,000 and less in the US.
The second issue “Show Me What You Got” presents art and poetry by older generation dykes. Both issues are available now!
Keep in touch with WMN
Read more about the WMN mission and the founders Venezuelan artist Florencia Alvarado, Swedish designer Sara Duell, and American photographer Jeanette Spicer here.
To keep up with the latest from WMN sign up to the newsletter below, and follow WMN on Instagram and Facebook. Feel free to shoot us an email if you have any questions or if you are interested in contributing your work or writing to our forthcoming website feature.